— Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
Packing a bag is probably the least favorite part of anyone’s vacation—but it’s still something that has to be done. With the right suitcase, the process will be a whole lot easier, however, and we’re going to let you in on a little secret: You don’t have to fork over the cost of a plane ticket to get a great model. Retailers such as Macy’s, Amazon and more are offering plenty of top-rated luggage sets on sale at low-flying prices.
Amazon Prime Day 2021 is right around the corner! Want to know how to get the best deals? Attend our free, virtual How to Hack Prime Day live event. RSVP now.
For instance, there’s the Travelpro Platinum Magna 2 29-inch checked suitcase, which is currently discounted at Nordstrom Rack to $199.97—that’s a 75% discount from its list price of $800! Hailed as our favorite checked luggage of the year (and one of our favorite luggage pieces overall), its 137-liter packing space was more than adequate for housing our travel essentials. Constructed with a rugged, Cordura exterior that will likely withstand even the bumpiest of plane rides, this suitcase was also easy to maneuver, courtesy of four spinner wheels that are aligned by magnets to ensure that all the wheels move in tandem.
For those looking for something more suitable for carry-on luggage, Timbuk2 is selling its Never Check overnight briefcase for 53% off at $89. That’s a $100 discount from its standard price of $189 (note that you can also get it slightly cheaper at 6pm). We’re big fans of the briefcase, naming it the best-valued carry-on under seat luggage around for its spaciousness and versatility. It features a padded laptop compartment at the back and two zippered, front-panel pockets, with one for small items and another that includes organizational dividers to hold everything from snacks to your tablet. As if that wasn’t enough, there’s a 22-liter main compartment for holding clothes and toiletries. Its zippers admittedly aren’t the greatest, and it can be uncomfortable to carry for long stretches, but you won’t find a better bag for the price.
Get expert shopping advice delivered to your phone. Sign up for text message alerts from the deal-hunting nerds at Reviewed.
Those pieces and many more are currently available for less below, so if you’re looking to make sure your valuables fly as safely as you do, check out our top picks below.
The best bags and luggage sets on sale
- Get the Amazon Basics Hardside 21-Inch Carry-On Spinner Suitcase at Amazon for $66.67 (Save $8.32)
- Get the American Tourister Fieldbrook LXT 3-Piece Luggage Set at Best Buy from $73.99 (Save $56)
- Get the Timbuk2 Never Check Overnight Briefcase at Timbuk2 for $89 (Save $100)
- Get the Samsonite Freeform 21-Inch Spinner Carry-On Suitcase at Macy’s for $101.99 with coupon code FRIEND (Save $238.01)
- Get the Travelers Club Midtown Hardside 4-Piece Luggage Set from $108.99 (Save $11.01 to $22.37)
- Get the World Traveler Classique 20-Inch Spinner Carry-On Suitcase and Cosmetic Bag at Zulily for $109.99 (Save $140)
- Get the Tag Bristol 5-Piece Softside Luggage Set for $119.99 (Save $220.01)
- Get the Travelpro Platinum Magna 2 21-Inch Expandable Spinner Suitcase at Nordstrom Rack for $149.97 (Save $450.03)
- Get the Kenneth Cole Reaction Out of Bounds 3-Piece Hardside Luggage Set for $204.52 (Save $45.47)
- Get the Travelpro Platinum Magna 2 29-Inch Expandable Large Checked Suitcase at Amazon for $199.97 (Save $600.03)
Looking for hard-to-find essentials? Sign up for our Resources by Reviewed newsletter.
Prices were accurate at the time this article was published but may change over time.