The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit reported three new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday.
One case was a close contact of a confirmed cases, one was community acquired, and one was still under investigation at the time of reporting.
No additional deaths relating to COVID-19 were announced.
All told, there were 16,820 total cases, including the eight new ones.
So far, 272,513 local residents have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and 150,002 have been fully vaccinated. There are 59 Active cases.
The region has seen 434 COVID-19 deaths since the pandemic began.
There currently 14 people in hospital, with seven in the ICU. The region has seen 16,327 cases resolved.
Currently, there is a total of 1,961 cases involving a variant of concern
– 1,801 cases of the Alpha (B.1.1.7) variant, which originated in the U.K.
– 4 cases of the Beta (B.1.351) variant, which was first sequenced in South Africa
– 16 cases of the Gamma (P.1) variant, which was first sequenced in Brazil
– 1 case of the Kappa (B.1.617.1) variant, which was first sequenced in India
– 3 cases of the Delta (B.1.617.2) variant, which was first sequenced in India
– 136 uncategorized variant cases
This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Sign up to receive daily headline news from the Windsor Star, a division of Postmedia Network Inc.
By clicking on the sign up button you consent to receive the above newsletter from Postmedia Network Inc. You may unsubscribe any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails. Postmedia Network Inc. | 365 Bloor Street East, Toronto, Ontario, M4W 3L4 | 416-383-2300